Monday, May 11, 2009

Pottery

This is my first finished work of pottery!
I've been attending pottery classes for a few weeks and wheelthrowing's been tougher than I thought. I accidentally got into an intermediate class (there was no indication of it being an intermediate class when I signed up online) and ended up throwing pieces of pottery next to pp who were making really beautiful and awesome shapes. I guess it's encourages one to improve at a faster rate :)
I'm pretty hooked now, the process of creating a piece of pottery is quite therapeutic. I find it relaxing and it appeals to my creative side. Of course, I've been learning about patience as well. There are immediate repercussions to actions caused by my type A personality. I really hope that I'll be able to throw more than bowls and plates soon. I finally made a cylindrical vessel that day, but I tried too hard to shape it and it ended up in the scrap barrel instead...

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment