Thursday, January 29, 2009

First Week


These were some pics we took in the first week. As you can tell, we didn't take much cos it's so cold you don't want to get your fingers out of the glove. This was actually taken during a really nice day. It was snowing most of the day so the streets are all white. Wee-Lee's standing outside a restaurant called 4 burgers which serves just that- 4 type of burgers but they were good and it came with normal or sweet potato fries. Quite yummy :)
The car looked really funny, like it had frosting all over. Of course I'm sure the owner thought otherwise. As for me, I attempted to show you guys how deep the snow gets so I hopped into a heap of snow at Boston Common, a huge park downtown. Big mistake of course, I forgot that snow melts leaving wet jeans...It was quite fun trudging through snow as long as we were careful not to slip, but once the snow melts, it's not nice anymore. Think of walking through a pool of coke slurpee.
We also had the customary cup of coffee at Starbucks. This one was located at Beaconhill, which is a really pretty and upmarket area, like a seen out of a nice part of London. Since I don't drink coffee, the only thing I drink at SB is the green tea fruppuccino, which seemed like a good idea in the warm cosy place. Regretted it once I stepped into the cold :) We had a nice conversation about healthcare with an elderly lady who was enjoying her coffee as well. She had to leave when her transport came. It was a community van which picked the elderly folks up and sent them home. Interesting concept, I'm quite amazed by how active many of the elderly are. They would walk around on their own with walking sticks and frames, invokes too many thoughts to discuss here.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Wow guys! Makes me miss Boston tons! Hope you're keeping warm.

    Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow guys! The pictures make me miss Boston tons! Hope you are keeping warm!

    Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow... it looks so super nice!

    Sheryl Chong

    ReplyDelete