Saturday, April 11, 2009

Finally, one nice day!

 I haven't been blogging much because the weather has just been gloomy with rain and overcast skies. Have just been staying home, working on my volunteer work project and cooking (what else?). Then, there was a really nice day last thursday! The field you see is the softball and sports field of Brookline High School. There were a team of girls having their softball practice. It brought back fond memories :) The coach used the pitching machine to shoot fly balls into the sky and I watched as the girls messed up and missed the balls. Part of it was the glare of the sun when they looked skyward. It really sounds familiar, can still remember getting taught by coach how to block off the sun and catch the ball at the same time. I miss playing softball but I don't think I can bat or field well enough to join a team anymore :( To make up for it, W and I got our tics to one of the Red Sox games! It's really tough to get them, the Bostonians are Red Sox crazy and all the seats were sold out! (Partly because they were selling them secondhand as well). We didn't want to pay some cutthroat price, so we got whatever standing room tickets we could get. I'm just glad to be able to go to a baseball game :D
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment