Saturday, June 20, 2009

Softball

I played my first softball game today after about 10 years :P
It all started when we found our current church, Highrock Brookline. We decided to visit a church named Highrock Arlington and while we were there, found out that there was a new church plant in Brookline, which was surprisingly similar to our church in SG. They hold the worship services in a school hall and it's a new church with a good heart. The people were the most friendly we'd met in a Boston church so far. In the first week, we were already attending a newcomers' dinner at the pastor's place and we've found really good new friends since :)
Back to softball, so I found out that Highrock fields teams for the Boston Metro Churchs' slow pitch league and I asked if I could be a part of it. They were really nice and let most of the girls who wanted to play onto the team. Now comes the tough part, I'm much older now!! I've got aching body parts in muscle groups which have not been used for 10 years but it's so fun. It's really nice feeling the adrenaline rush, catching a fly ball and making a hit. Of course, I'm not the same player I used to be, like when I hit the ball and forgot to run.... Really thankful for God's blessings still though!

No comments:

Post a Comment