Monday, July 20, 2009

Farmer's Market

If my previous post led any of you to think that I was walking around moping, I should correct that :)
Was out last week enjoying the wonderful weather and I chanced upon a farmer's market. It was a really pretty sight though I must admit that I couldn't identify alot of the veggies there. I mean, a turnip is a turnip, right? How do I tell the difference between those that are purple, pink. orange, green or white? Needless to say, I have no idea how they're supposed to be cooked so though they look delicious and fresh, I went home empty handed.
In addition to fresh farm produce, there were many stalls selling potted plants too. I'm really amazed by how well flowering plants do here. It seems like it doesn't take much skill to get plants to flower. I still remember our last encounter with a particular plant back home, which had really pretty white flowers at the nursery. Within 2 weeks, the flowers fell off and we never saw any flowers again.. period. You could say that I apart from homo sapiens, I'm not really good with caring for other animal or plant species...

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment