Saturday, March 7, 2009

Glass Flowers

I visited the Harvard Museum of Natural History yesterday. A sec school friend of mine is studying at Harvard and she could enter the museum and bring a friend for free :) I got to see the famed glass flowers. Yep! The flowers you see in the pictures are completely made of glass! When she told me that we were going to see glass flowers, I was thinking of artistic type glass flowers akin to the glass sculptures hanging off the walls in Ritz Carlton (I obviously didn't understand the meaning of natural history). When we got to the exhibit, I was thinking to myself, " Where are the glass flowers?" It took me a while to realise that these were the glass flowers: they were so life-like in texture and in colour, amazing! I think my friend was more entralled with the flowers though, she used to teach bio so she was pointing out the cross sections of the ovaries and other bio-related stuff to me and frankly, much of it was greek to me. When we looked at some natural drawings of fish at another exhibit, the drawings were just too life-like for my liking... maybe I should go to the museum of fine art instead.. hee hee.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment