Friday, March 27, 2009

Museum of Fine Arts

 I realised that I haven't put up many pictures recently so I've got a store of them :) This week, I visited the Museum of Fine Arts, I found out that entry was sponsored on Wednesdays after 4pm so I went in for a quick visit. It was really nice!
I think I enjoyed it particularly because I wasn't in a rush and I didn't have an agenda either so I walked around and tried to learn about art. I've finally figured out who the impressionists are, the 2 more famous ones are Monet and Renoir, whose paintings are on the top and lower right respectively. I really like those paintings mainly because they portray light in a beautiful way and it lifts my spirits when I look at them. I'm not great with the names of the paintings, only know that the one by Monet is called the "Haystack", because I saw it at the Chicago MFA as well. Make a guess which famous artist painted the painting on the top left, shouldn't be difficult since Van Gogh's paintings are very distinctive. The middle one is by Rembrandt and the lower left is a portrait painting by a famous portrait artist Sergant. It's a really nice way to spend the afternoon...  
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment